Frequently Asked Questions
RESERVATIONS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
Are pets allowed on the watercraft?
- Answer: Unfortunately, no. At YHWS, we are all pet lovers. However, we want to keep our craft in the best condition possible. By restricting pets from our watercraft, we have an easier time keeping our watercraft in excellent condition for all of our customers.
Is fuel included with our watercraft rental?
- Answer: Fuel is not included with your rental and will vary based on the duration of your rental. Fuel consumption is directly dependent on the weight of the watercraft, occupancy, water conditions and your riding style.
What is YHWS's cancellation policy?
- Answer: Our cancellation policy requires you to let us know of your intent to cancel at least 48 hours prior to your reservation. If cancellation is less than 48 hours we will try to fill your reservation, but if unable due to the late notice you will be charged the full rental fee.
- Weekly reservations require a minimum notice of 7 days.
- Cancellations are not accepted during holiday periods, which include several days surrounding the actual holiday date. (Due to the rental business and limited number of watercraft available, we have no other choice but to charge for last minute cancellations).
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is required on reservations over $1,000. (A rental credit for a future rental will be issued if reservation is cancelled or moved).
Do we need to bring our own equipment?
- Answer: No. Although you are welcome to bring your own vests or water sports equipment, vests are included with each rental and we have a full line of water sports equipment available to purchase or rent.
What happens in the event of inclement weather?
- Answer: Obviously we have no control over the weather. It is our policy to prevent accidents from occuring by restricting watercraft use during inclement weather. If the weather is bad on your scheduled day, just give us a call and we will be happy to reschedule for another day. You are not obligated to go out during inclement weather.
How fast are the jet skis?
- Answer: The jet skis we rent are capable of reaching speeds of 55-60 mph. However, the weight of the riders and water conditions may influence the top speed of the craft.
How many people can ride on a Jet Skis?
- Answer: Although our Jet Skis are 3-seat watercraft with a weight capacity of around 530 lbs, for safety reasons we only allow 2 riders per craft.
Do you have to mix oil with the gas in the Jet Skis?
- Answer: No. These machines have four-stroke engines, which means all you have to do is put gas in them. When you rent one of your machines they are fully fueled and you never have to check or add oil. Just make sure you don’t run out of gas!
How many people can we take on each craft?
- Answer: Capacity ratings vary by craft. Please visit the craft page for each craft you are interested in or call our office to confirm capacity ratings.
How do the deliveries work?
- Answer: When having a watercraft delivered to the lake of your choice, we recommend you arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your reservation time. This is so we can fill out all necessary paperwork and walk you through a detailed craft orientation. Arriving early allows us to get you out on the water on time. The craft is then handed over to you with a full tank of gas and it is your responsibility to return it with a full tank (alternatively, we can re-fuel it for you for an additional $5.00 surcharge). When you return, we will inspect the craft for any damages and remove all of the rental equipment for you. Please see our page on Our Delivery Service for more information.
How do multi-day rentals work?
- Answer: Our multi-day rentals are true 24-hour time periods. If you rent for two or more days, you can pick-up the craft at 9:00am on day one and bring it back to the marina/delivery drop-off location at 9:00am on your final day (alternatively evening to evening pickups and dropoffs). This is a true multi-day rental. Don't get stuck having to turn your watercraft in at 5:00 pm and missing out on the best part of the day.
What if I do not see my lake in my service area?
- Answer: If you are interested in renting one of our watercraft on your lake and do not see it on our list of delivery lakes, feel free to contact us and we may be able to accomodate you.
RESERVATIONS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED